Dear Mom and Dad, I LOVE You



Today I realize that I’m actually one of those spoil brat. I used to hate spoil brat who take things for granted without being thankful. But later on, I realize that I’m actually one of them too. Why do I say this? Of course, because I just realized it today. Lol.

Before this, I think it is a given that parents should provide their children shelter, food, clothes, pocket money and more. And when it comes to education, being the typical ‘kiasu’ Asian parents, they will expect us to fare well in our exam. My question is, is it a given for us children to do well in our exam just because they invest many times and money on us? My answer is YES!

Our parents work so hard to earn money so that we can get a good education. A good parent will emphasize on their children education so that they can get a good job in the future. I’m not saying that parents in under develop country who can’t send their children to school is a bad parent. I believe that if they were given a choice, of course they will grab the opportunity to give their children education. Now let us imagine this, what if we invest a huge sum of money on a project, and we do everything we can, we spent our time analyzing the project, we invest our hard earned money on that project, but in the end, we didn’t get any profit from it. How will you feel when this happened to you? That is how our parents feel when we didn’t fare well in our education.

Today while I was doing homework at the small table in my kitchen *shorter distance with foods* XD , I overheard my parents chit-chatting at the dining table. My father mentioned to my mom that he is tired and he can’t seem to get enough rest lately. And when I take a look at the dining table where my parents were sitting, I realized I’m not looking at the man who used to be so strong , so tough that even a typhoon can’t swirled him away. But instead, I’m staring at the face of a man who’s so tired and I can see the wrinkles on his face. At that moment, I realize that my father has become old. He has spent more than 20 years to work so that me and my siblings can live a better life and can get a better education. All he asked from me and my sibling is to study hard and get good results. He never says to get good job so that we can have more money to support him at his old time. He always says that if we study hard, we don’t have to work as hard as him. He always put his family first. That is why I respect my parents because they love me and my siblings so much that they will do almost anything to provide us a good life.

Hereby, I want to ask a question, is it too much for them to ask us to get a good result after what they have been giving to us? Think about it.


I love you Mom. I love you Dad <3

Sincerely,
Maria M. Sitompul



posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

About

Followers


Recent Comments